Wednesday, February 14, 2018
As of Tuesday, February 20th cars will no longer be permitted to park in our entire Kiss'n Ride loop at any time during the day (drop off and pick up included). The Transportation Consortium and the Bylaw officers are asking us to ensure that our FIRE ROUTES are clear at all times. Our parking lot was designed for a WALKING ONLY community – and hence we are challenged by the vast number of cars through our Kiss'n Ride and parking lot daily.
Here are some suggestions as you work to help us keep our school the safest it can be for our students:
- Enter Kiss'n Ride through the entrance farthest from the Park (all others will be blocked as of Feb 20th)
- Encourage walking to school – buddy up with older students or walking parents in the community to have groups of student walk to school
- Park in our parking lot (if you can find a spot) and walk your child to the yard
- Park on Winchester Terrace, across from the school and walk your child across the street to school
- Drop older children off at the catwalk on Empire Drive and let them walk through the Park to school
- Use only cross walks to deliver students to school (do not cut through the shrubs and through an active Kiss'n Ride area
- Do not stop on the Queensway – especially to let students out of cars on this busy street
Bylaw officers have notified us that they will be on school property randomly ticketing drivers who do not comply with the NO PARKING in Fire Routes bylaw and on the Queensway ticketing cars that stop. We don't want any of our families ticketed – so we wanted you to be award in advance.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation of this change and helping to ensure the safety of our students.